Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mom's Night Out, Boys' Night In

Last night, I had the opportunity to go to a Mom's Night Out where we would be making bows. Last time they did this, it was at my house, but I wasn't really into it seeing as I only had Daniel. But, I have a newfound interest in this, so I was super excited! When I left the house, the boys were busy enjoying Daddy-Daniel time and playing trains. Adam even built a large track so Daniel could "ride the rails".

When I first arrived, I was admittedly a little nervous. I am good with paper crafting, but I have never ventured into the realm of ribbon/fabric and sewing. There was a little bit of sewing involved, but, thankfully, it was mostly hot glue! We started off easy by making baby headbands out og knee-high stockings. Very simple, and you can attach different bows to it, so it is also very versatile. I will definitely be making more of these in different colors. Then, we did the lace flowers. I love how vintage-looking they are. I also made a felt flower with a button center...now I just need to get a small clip to glue it to. Lastly, we moved on to making the boutique-style bows. This was the hardest for me, but after doing it once, I think I can handle it. I was happy with how it turned out, but I definitely need to practice more!


To make things even better, when I got home, I dug through all of my scrapbooking stuff and found a plethora of ribbon!! If only Hobby Lobby would get some more alligator clips in stock... I am excited to try making different styles, so let's just hope that Olivia has some hair!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

you can generally get 100 alligator clips at sally's beauty supply for about $5.
yours are darling.

Jenn said...

Oh awesome! I was just about to suggest beauty supply stores have then cheaper than any craft store. Get Nicole to pick you some up.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I really enjoy the reading. I come here from the google while searching for some good article.Thanks for the post.
http://kecantikanwajahkulit.blogspot.com/