Monday, January 12, 2009

A New Recipe


I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight.  The recipe was called the "lighter blue plate special" in the January 2009 issue of EVERYDAY FOOD magazine.  It was meatloaf, buttermilk mashed potatoes, and green beans.  In the meatloaf, you mix in finely chopped carrots, celery, and onion, 1 egg white, and breadcrumbs, then you brush it with barbecue sauce.  It turned out well...Adam really liked it.  I think it needs a little more seasoning next time, but it was good.  The veggies help keep the meatloaf moist...you can't really even taste them, Jimbo...I promise!  So, if you are looking for a lighter, healthier meal, give this one a try.  You can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

Jane Huddleston said...

I know we've seen you guys recently but I kinda miss you already. I think we're headed out of town this weekend to see my family in Houston, but we should get together for dinner again soon!