Monday, September 22, 2008

Plethora of Cookbooks


I have a ton of cookbooks. Every time I go to a bookstore of book fair, I find myself migrating to the cooking section. If I couldn't control myself (meaning if my husband wasn't there to tell me I have enough), I would buy a ton more. I have all of these wonderful guides sitting on my bookshelf, and I can count the number of times I have made recipes from them on one hand...okay, half a hand. So, in order to help me feel like my purchases were worthwhile, I have decided to try and cook more often and use at least 2 new recipes a week. Tonight's dinner was courtesy of Everyday Italian by Giada de Laurentiis.  We had the Roast Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Parmesan Smashed Potatoes.  I must say the chicken was amazing!  It was so tender and juicy.  The potatoes were good, but there was a little too much olive oil for my taste.  Hubby rated this dinner an 8.  So, I will definitely add it to the rotation.  I encourage all of you to dig out your cookbooks and try something new.  Happy Cooking!

No comments: