Thursday, August 9, 2007

busy bees

Things have been pretty crazy around here lately. We just got back from a weekend in Destin, which was very nice and relaxing...funny enough, we didn't see the beach the entire time we were there. We did, however, go to the outlet mall!!! and hang out by the pool. It was a nice little break from reality. But, unfortunately, for me, it was back to work while Adam was busy getting ready for law school. He had the first part of orientation today and goes back for the second part tomorrow. Adam said the funniest part was the fact that the refreshments included cups of beer! I find that funny. Anyway, tonight he is busy reading and doing homework he has to have done by the first day of class...boy am I glad that I am done with school!! According to one of the speakers at orientation, he is going to be very busy for the next 3-4 months, so he should get a calendar and "schedule" family time right along with study time...this should be interesting. Paige, I don't know how you do it!! But he is really excited about it, so I guess that's all that matters. Until next time...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

glad yall got a mini vacation before the craziness starts. We go on our vacation this weekend without the kids and I can't wait!

Holly said...

I don't know if you remember me from BR2 or not, but Joel and moved about a year ago. We are due about 3 days apart! I found y'all through Kate and Daniel's blog. Good luck with the pregnancy and law school!

Jessica said...

Good luck with all the stuff you guys have going on right now! Don't sweat the small stuff and you two will do great! When I was in school, my husband, Bart, used the PS as a 'babysitter'. Erin, I guess until you have the baby you need to find a 'babysitter' for yourself to keep you entertained while Adam has to do all that homework.

Lexi said...

Hey Erin- you don't know me (at least I don't think you do) but my husband Troy and I also used to live in BR2 as well. Troy graduated from LSU law school in 2005 and we are living down here in New Orleans. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that the whole school deal is not so bad. Actually, I saw Troy more when he was in school than I do now- so enjoy the next three years as much as possible. There will be days when class gets canceled, or he'll get out early and don't forget all of the fun breaks for holidays that he'll get too. Also, (thankfully) a lot of the classes will have a mock trial or a paper as his final exam for the class so if he has good attendance and he has a good mind for information staying fresh in his memory than he should be able to breeze right through and the tests he does have to take are generally based on past year tests, meaning he can get a pretty accurate idea how the test is going to be formatted. The major study crunch will be around finals and the time he'll really need to schedule family time is when he is studying for the BAR. By then he probably will be scarce (but for good reason!). Hope this helps. P.S- 3 years seems like a long time, but it skips by pretty quickly!